The Defining Issue of our Time
We're thrilled to announce that Rug Love is the first UK Rug Store to introduce a Carbon Neutral Shipping Option.
You can join the fight against climate change by shopping at Rug Love.
Discover "Unloved" at Rug Love. Within the industry, we were the first to initiate offering rugs a second home as part of our sustainability efforts. Save up to 70% with our "Unloved" Collection. Shop up-cycled, Save money, Save The Planet. Big savings on returned & good-as-new products.
Being human means releasing planet-warming carbon emissions into the atmosphere. It happens when we take a shower, charge our phones, or let out a yawn after a long day. Just like human’s release carbon pollution, so do businesses - and Rug Love is no exception.
Every day in the U.S. alone, e-commerce packages travel about the same distance as going to the moon and back ...133,000 times. And it’s not just getting your order to your doorstep we have to worry about - our entire supply chain carries a hefty carbon footprint. Scouring the globe for the perfect materials and transforming them into the Rug Love products you know and love means tons (literally) of planet-warming carbon pollution.
We’re on a Mission
As Rug Love continues to grow, we have an increasing responsibility to commit additional resources toward our values in order to maximize the positive impact of our products. At Rug Love, we have long held the conviction that we can be both a great business and a great corporate citizen. In fact, we believe we cannot be one without the other. Corporate social responsibility is cemented in Rug Love's DNA because our people believe deeply in making the world a better place.
What Rug Love is Doing
We are proud to be the 1st UK Rug Store to offer carbon neutral shipping. We also re-sell 99% of of perfect condition returns at heavily reduced prices, to reduce our waste and landfill impact.
The climate crisis is massive, complicated, and overwhelming. So, it’s often hard to know what we can do about our carbon footprint.
We’re taking a stand and doing something about it. We’re partnering with EcoCart to empower the Rug Love community to make their orders 100% carbon neutral.
For every one of our amazing items that ships, you can now offset the specific carbon footprint with a positive environmental impact! This means the full carbon emissions from producing, manufacturing, and shipping your favourite Rug Love products to your door would be completely neutralised.
Now you can rest easy knowing that shopping at Rug Love means making a positive impact on the planet.
So now you’ll know when a Rug Love package arrives at your door, you’ll get something you love and you’ll be proud of the fact that you’re taking a small step towards making a big change in the world.
What does it mean to offset emissions?
It means that for any carbon emissions released into our atmosphere as a result of manufacturing and shipping items at Rug Love, we invest in projects that reduce carbon emissions by the same amount. It’s almost like we’re giving the planet an IOU, then immediately paying it back.
How does it work?
Now, each time someone checks the carbon neutral box at Rug Love, we will automatically purchase verified emissions reductions, more commonly known as “offsets” through our friends at EcoCart. These purchases support environmental projects, like wind and solar farms that create clean energy, or protecting trees that would otherwise be cut down so that they can continue to absorb carbon from the air. On top of it, we make sure that these projects are doing some extra good like protecting animals or supporting underserved communities.
Why is this important?
Rug Love has always been conscious of our impact and actively worked to lighten our carbon footprint. We believe that if we all work together towards positive change, we can make the world a cleaner, healthier place.
What do you mean carbon neutral?
When we say your orders will be “carbon neutral” (“net zero” is another term you’ll hear), that means that we will eliminate, capture, or otherwise mitigate all of the carbon emissions created from Rug Love products shipping to your door.
We’ll even give you information about the project your specific donation is supporting, so you know your money is going to the right place.
Just the Beginning
At Rug Love, we are committed to slowing the effects of climate change, one order at a time.
Carbon offsets are a starting point—an immediate way to reduce our impact. Even though this is a moment to celebrate, we think that it’d be even better if we didn’t emit any carbon in the first place. To achieve this, we’re working to develop projects in our own supply chain that will reduce our emissions directly.
The Power of Us
Our work isn’t done for another important reason. No matter how much progress we continue to make on our own footprint, Rug Love’s footprint is actually quite small. The effects of climate change are magnified far beyond Rug Love itself.
The only way we can truly begin to reverse the effects of climate change are if everyone does their part.
What can you do?
- First, focus on the energy efficiency of your home. Efficiency is also the easiest way to save money. Program your thermostat. Check in with your own utility and see if they offer rebates on LED light bulbs, efficient appliances, upgraded insulation or other cost-effective upgrades like efficient water fixtures. Ask your utility if they offer a home energy audit.
- If you own a house, installing solar might make financial sense for you. In some cases, you can install solar with no upfront cost while lowering your energy bill each month. In a few areas, you can buy into a community solar array that isn’t even on your property. If solar doesn’t work for your house or you live in an apartment, ask your utility company if they offer a residential green power program. Many do with simple, reasonable terms.
- Find brands with legitimate sustainability initiatives. Whether it’s with carbon neutral products, a sustainable supply chain, recycled materials, or eco-friendly packaging, we should all do our best to limit the carbon footprint of the products we buy.
- Challenge yourself to drive less and bike more. Riding your bike forces you to utilize your own muscle power. You’ll get a workout all while helping the environment. Plus, it requires much less energy to produce a bike than it does to manufacture a car. If you can’t bike to work for whatever reason, take public transportation. It puts less cars on the road, which reduces the amount of exhaust filling the air at once.
- Opt for reusable bottles, bags, and anything else that you usually use once then throw away. If that’s not an option, make sure to properly recycle any plastic, paper, glass or metal that comes into your life.
- If we all do our part by changing our daily habits and making sustainable swaps, supporting companies that care about their impact on the Earth, and advocate for the future we deserve, we can effect real change in the world.
Our Customers Love Us
Don't just take our word for it...
1,000+ 5 Star Photo Reviews!