How to Warm Up a Cold Hallway
There’s nothing quite like stepping into a warm, inviting hallway after coming in from the cold. Yet, many homeowners struggle with chilly hallways, particularly during the colder months. At Rug Love, we believe that with a few smart choices, you can transform your hallway into a cosy and comfortable space. Here's how:
1. Opt for a Vertical Radiator If your staircase is adjacent to your hallway, consider a tall vertical radiator. Place it in the curve of your staircase, and it will warm both the hallway and the area above. Similarly, for hallways with lofty ceilings, a tall radiator can be the perfect solution.
2. Embrace Hallway Rug Runners One of the simplest and most stylish ways to add warmth underfoot is by laying down a hallway rug runner. Not only does it insulate the floor, but it also adds a touch of elegance and character to the space. At Rug Love, we have a range of designs and materials to choose from, ensuring there’s a perfect runner for every hallway aesthetic.
3. Draft Proofing Ensure that any gaps under doors or windows are sealed. Draft excluders can be both functional and fashionable, complementing your décor while preventing cold air from seeping in.
4. Warm Lighting Swap out cold, stark lighting for warmer tones. Soft, ambient lighting can make a world of difference, setting a cosier mood in your hallway.
5. Decorate with Warm Tones Consider painting or decorating your hallway in warm colours. Reds, oranges, and earthy browns can evoke feelings of warmth and comfort.
Remember, the goal is to create an inviting space that welcomes both you and your guests. By following these tips, and especially by choosing the right rug runner from Rug Love, your hallway will be the warm haven you've always wanted.